Our PE Curriculum Statement.
Physical education at the federation
Good physical and mental health is one of our key curriculum drivers.
PE in the Federation aims to develop the knowledge, skills and capabilities necessary to support the mental, emotional, social and physical wellbeing of our children now and in their future. We aim to instil a lifelong interest in sport, active lifestyles and physical and mental well-being.
Our intent is to deliver high-quality teaching and learning opportunities that inspire all children to succeed in physical activities and become physically confident. To learn self-discipline, respect, teamwork and that to be successful you must work hard, show resilience and have the determination to believe that anything can be achieved.
In addition, children learn the importance and value of cooperating and collaborating with others, as part of a team, and an understanding of fairness and equity of play. We develop young leaders who are able to organise and officiate a range sporting activities.
We aim to ensure our children can swim at least 25 metres before the end of Year 6 and know how to remain safe in and around water.
Pe Recommended Reads
Take a look at these amazing books. We have copies of these fabulous books in our school library.
Find out more about dough disco
Let's go to the dough disco with Shonette! In Airfield Class we enjoy going to the dough disco every week.
What is Dough Disco?
Dough disco involves moulding play dough in time to music and performing different actions such as rolling it into a ball, flattening it, putting each individual finger into the dough, rolling it into a sausage and squeezing it.
What are the benefits of Dough Disco?
This is exercise for the fingers to improve fine motor control and gross motor skills. Pupils need to have strong muscles in their hands to enable them to write effectively. Doing these simple , fun exercises will help your child prepare for writing
Key PE VocabulARY
For each area of PE there is Key vocabulary that will be used within sessions to help develop and support children's learning.
PE Knowledge Organisers
Our knowledge organisers are designed to enable pupils to know more and remember more about the skills and vocabulary that they learn in their PE lessons.
- KS1 Athletics Knowledge Organiser
- KS1 Dance Knowledge Organiser
- KS1 Fitness Knowledge Organiser
- KS1 Gymnastics Knowledge Organiser
- KS1 Invasion Games Knowledge Organiser
- KS1 Sending and Receiving Knowledge Organiser
- KS1 Striking and Fielding Knowledge Organiser
- KS1 Target Games Knowledge Organiser
- KS1 Team Building Knowledge Organiser
- LKS2 Athletics Knowledge Organiser
- LKS2 Dance Knowledge Organiser
- Lower KS2 Cricket Knowledge Organiser
- Lower KS2 Gymnastics Knowledge Organiser
- Lower KS2 Hockey Knowledge Organiser
- Lower KS2 Netball Knowledge Organiser
- Lower KS2 OAA Knowledge Organiser
- Lower KS2 Rounders Knowledge Organiser
- Lower KS2 Tag Rugby Knowledge Organiser
- Lower KS2 Tennis Knowledge Organiser
- UKS2 Athletics Knowledge Organiser
- UKS2 Dance Knowledge Organiser
- Upper KS2 Cricket Knowledge Organiser
- Upper KS2 Gymnastics Knowledge Organiser
- Upper KS2 Hockey Knowledge Organiser
- Upper KS2 Netball Knowledge Organiser
- Upper KS2 OAA Knowledge Organiser
- Upper KS2 Tag Rugby Knowledge Organiser
- Upper KS2 Tennis Knowledge Organiser