The safeguarding of children and the action we take to promote the welfare of children and protect them from harm is everyone’s responsibility.
Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children is defined in Government guidance as:
- protecting children from maltreatment;
- preventing impairment of children’s health or development;
- ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care
- taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes.
At the Federation safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility and one which the staff and governors take very seriously. Everyone who comes into contact with children and families has a role to play. All staff have regular safeguarding training.
The Federation Designated Safeguarding Team is:
- Georgina Morgan: Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) at Shobdon Primary
- Sarah Turner: Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) at Luston Primary
- Mary Freeman: Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Elizabeth Jones: Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Joanne Clarke: Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Adam Scott: Safeguarding Governor Lead
Please read our full policy:
Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy – September 2019